Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sergio's in Cleveland Review

Hey All!


For my first restaurant review, I thought it'd be appropriate to write about the first Cleveland restaurant I ever ate in. (Plus, I had a hard time picking one in NYC.)


Sergio's. Admittedly, I was hesitant to try this restaurant. C'mon, a good restaurant that's not in NYC? Psh... Such slander... However, Sergio's could have definitely given any NYC restaurant a run for their money.


The decor: bright, modern, and artsy. The service: friendly, courteous, and helpful. The food: innovative, delicious, scrumptious, fresh, and beautifully presented. 


I had the Julesburger, a cheeseburger done right, with the crispiest fries I've had to date in Cleveland and a spicy but not overly hot aioli. First off, it was obvious that the meat in the burger patties was of high quality. It did not have that almost grey look to it, like most hamburger patties found nowadays. And it was extremely juicy, without being overly greasy. The fries were seasoned to perfection. No over salting there. And when dipped into the habanero aioli, I nearly squealed from the pleasure my taste buds received. Sergio's definitely took a regular cheeseburger and fries meal to a whole new level that was different, unexpected, and absolutely delicious.


So if you're ever around University Circle in Cleveland, Ohio stop by Sergio's. Give that burger of theirs a try and get an order of their fried spinach leaves (crazy, I know... But they're sooooooooooo tasty and they almost melt in your mouth.) And if you're not a fan of burgers try their chorizo or any one of their pastas. My grandfather, the pickiest eater I know, loved them all (including the spinach so this might be a good way to get those picky eaters to eat their veggies). But if you still don't believe me just check out the slideshow below or the link here.











Hasta MaƱana!

No comments:

Post a Comment