Thursday, July 1, 2010

Big Nick's

Hey All!


Grom. Sigh. Oh, how I love Grom. However, while walking to the Grom on 76th Street and Broadway, I came across a fabulous restaurant, Big Nick's. A simple burger and pizza joint with unbelievably enormous portion sizes. I hate to say it but I've found a place to have a real dinner at. (No more gelato dinners...) That doesn't mean no Grom for dessert though. Hehehe..
Food: 4.5/5
Atmosphere: 3.75/5
Service: 3.5/5
Price: $$/$$$$$ (About $10 for a HUGE burger and fries.)


Overall Experience: It took me a while to get through the whole menu. There were so many choices! But Big Nick's being a pizza and burger joint, I, of course, had to go with a burger. The gourmet burger, to be exact. It was an 8 oz. burger with gruyere cheese, mushrooms, and caramelized onions. Y U M! As for the fries, there were four options; sweet potato fries (mmmmm...), waffle cut fries, tater tots, and steak fries. Seeing the tater tots, I nearly leaped for joy. It's been ages since I had tater tots. Not since elementary school, probably. Anyway, I ordered my meal (from quite a pushy woman, mind you) and when it came out, my jaw dropped nearly 12 feet. The portion size was GINORMOUS. How on Earth was I going to finish my plate AND go to Grom? Luckily for me, I was starving that day and polished off the delicious juicy burger and crisp tater tots with no problem. As for the gelato, let's just say I had to walk a couple of laps around the block before I was ready for my gelato fix... All in all, I would recommend Big Nick's. Just make sure you go with a friend! (And save room for Grom, which is two stores down!)

 

Bis Morgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment