Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Necessity in Every Kitchen

Hey All!


No matter the kind of food you cook or even if you don't cook that often, the one utensil that is mandatory in a kitchen is a wooden spoon. They come in all shapes, sizes, and different kinds of wood. My favorite wooden spoon is Mario Batali's 11-inch Tasting Spoon. It is slender, small in comparison to other wooden spoons, and my favorite part, has got a smaller spoon at the top for trying whatever it is I may be making. Because of its sleek quality it is very maneuverable, especially for dishes like risotto, which involves a lot of stirring. I prefer this spoon to others because it fits better in my hand (I have really small hands) and the smaller spoon on the handle is the perfect size for tasting. Plus, it was my birthday gift from my darling boyfriend. :)





So if you're currently on the hunt for a new wooden spoon, I highly recommend Mario Batali's 11-inch Tasting Spoon or any of his other wooden spoons (if you're looking for something bigger). Here's a link to them: http://www.italiankitchen.com/store/site/department.cfm?dc=woodtools  But if you want to save some money, I'd get them off of Amazon.






Happy Shopping, Cooking, and Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment