Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another Video!!!

Hey All!


Lately I've had a huge craving for Vietnamese food. It's been so long since I've had some banh xeo or cha gio. I even miss the stinky and pungent fish sauce that you pour over everything. I guess even though I was born in America, you can't really take the Vietnamese blood out of me.


Vietnam is a beautiful country. The people are friendly, shopping is always great (and the strength of the US dollar is a nice plus), and most importantly the food. Oh, the food... Always super fresh and always super tasty. I've only visited the country once, when I was 10 years old and didn't get to stay very long. However, the impression that I got from those few days in Saigon has lasted over 8 years. I truly hope that someday I can go back to Vietnam. See my family. Explore the countryside. Go to the beautiful beaches. Take my darling boyfriend there. And eat as much food as my stomach can hold.


So here's another clip with everyone's favorite bad boy chef, Anthony Bourdain. (From his show No Reservations.) And note that even the cold and cynical Anthony Bourdain has a deep love for Vietnam.





Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment