Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Special: Perfect Romantic Meal

Hey All!


Looking for a small intimate place to take your Valentine's Day date? Well, if you're in NYC I suggest taking him/her to Bodrum Mediterranean for a romantic meal for two. This small Turkish restaurant between 88th and 89th Streets on Amsterdam Avenue has got killer food and a large brick oven that gives off a warm, cozy, and homey atmosphere.


Food: 4.5/5
Service: 4/5
Atmosphere: 4.5/5
Price: $$-$$$/$$$$


Overall Experience: My darling boyfriend took me to this restaurant for a romantic candlelit dinner. It was our last night in NYC together, after a wonderful first break back from college. As is tradition with the both of us, since he discovered the restaurant he did all the ordering. We shared a sample platter of appetizers. The dips were divine! I especially loved the hummus and babaghanoush. The b'stila djej was really delicious too. It was sweet yet savory and perfectly crisp. For the main course we shared adana kebab. YUM! The ground lamb was cooked to perfection and super juicy. The fries that were served alongside were thin and crispy. Just the way I like them. And for the best part of the meal, dessert, my darling boyfriend ordered Turkish coffee and baklava. That baklava was perhaps the best baklava I've ever had. It was sweet but not overwhelmingly so and it was quite clear they used a high quality honey. I was not as big of a fan of the Turkish coffee but that's because it was quite strong. Especially the bit at the bottom. So if you're ordering coffee and you like yours on the sweeter side, definitely mention that to the waiter or waitress. All in all, fabulous experience. I can't wait to return and have some more of that baklava! (And if you're wondering my darling boyfriend did get a huge hug and kiss for this restaurant choice...)


Bis Morgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment