Monday, June 14, 2010

My Big Fat Apology

Hey All!


I am so sorry I did not post anything this past weekend. I've been swamped with work at my internship, cooking up some new recipes, and not to mention a bit lazy. In a not so delectable food depraved environment (i.e., New York City), I'm finding it difficult to find the inspiration and motivation to continue this blog.  But how selfish would that be? Eat all the food I want, experience new dishes, cook some old favorite recipes and not share any of it with you, my dear readers? I don't have the heart to be so cruel. So as my apology for the absence and half hearted posts, I'm posting (for the first time in a very long time) an original recipe, created by yours truly. Hope you try it out because it is seriously one of my most delicious.


Ingredients:
1 package of store bought cheese ravioli (I prefer Buitoni)
1/4 lb of spicy italian sausage (uncooked)
1/4 lb of sweet italian sausage (uncooked)
9-10 large white mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 medium sized tomatoes, diced (do not have to be seeded)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 or 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
1/4 cup of white wine
1/2 tsp of italian seasoning
Juice of half a lime
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
Pasta- Cook according to directions on the package.
Sauce- Start by heating a deep skillet on medium high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Then add the shallots and garlic. Cook them until translucent and then add the mushrooms. Once the mushrooms are tender, season them with the italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat and push veggies to one side of the pan. Add the sausage and begin to break up the meat. As soon as the meat is cooked, combine all the ingredients in the pan (mix the mushrooms and shallot mixture in with the meat). Add the diced tomato and season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. After a few seconds, pour in the white wine (make sure to scrape up all the good bits from the bottom of the pan). Turn the heat down to medium low and allow sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally. When the alcohol has cooked off, taste the sauce to see if it needs more salt or pepper. If it passes your taste test, add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes and then serve. When plated, squeeze a little fresh lime juice over the dish.


Bon Appetit! 


Note: The first picture is a picture I took right after I had everything tossed together. Sorry for the poor quality! Took it with my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment