Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 2 in Spain

Hey All!


"Woke up at 9AM. Emailed parents. Ran into some Spanish guys just coming in. Yes. Just coming in. Must have been some night. Roommate and I didn't feel like having breakfast at the hostel. Even though it's already paid for. Went out to a cafe. Had a croissant with orange marmalade. And zuma de naranja (orange juice). Orange juice in the states will never ever taste the same. Best breakfast ever. Light, flavorful, and sweet. The way that all breakfasts should be. None of that sausage, bacon, eggs, and other classic American breakfast crap. 
Shopped a bit. Got souvenirs for family. For myself as well. Took tons of pictures. LOVE the architecture. Ended up back in my room. Chilled. Drank orange Fanta. Haven't seen that stuff since my 187 days. When I bought snacks at the local bodega. Siesta.
 
Dinner time. At 9PM. Man, I love it here. No early dinners. Therefore, no midnight snacks. At least not because I'm starving. Had tapas for dinner. Restaurant called Cafe Asturias. Named after the place of my grandfather's father's birth. Picked two tapas from the array on the counter. Morcilla (blood sausage) with caramelized onions. Served on toast. Croquetta. Drank vino tinto (red wine). Morcilla was the best sausage I've ever had. Caramelized onions made that dish. Croquetta was dense. But deliciously salty. Thanks to the obscene amounts of ham in it. Vino tinto was strong. Bitter, spicy aftertaste. Perfect with the tapas.  
 
Enjoyed my second dinner in Spain to the fullest. While watching America's Best Dance Crew."


Drool on dearest readers,
D.H.  

No comments:

Post a Comment