Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gustorganics: Just Edible or Devour-able?

Hey All!


Continuing with this week's theme of organic foods, Gustorganics, on 14th Street and 6th Avenue, is the first and only restaurant in New York to be certified organic. I've only been to this restaurant once but it definitely left a major impression on me.


Food: 4.5/5
Atmosphere: 4/5
Service: 4.5/5
Price: $$$/$$$$$ (about $25 per entree)


Overall Experience: My father and I were walking about Union Square (wondering what to have for dinner) and found Gustorganics. Seeing the crowded dining area, we figured we'd give it a try. And it was so worth it! We started with the Caprese Mozzarella Empanada. The freshness of the ingredients was outstanding and I couldn't wait to get to the main course. Now, what I had for my entree was a special so I doubt they'll have it again. But you can't go wrong with the Grilled Chicken entree. The sides are somewhat bland but this allows the natural flavours of the meat to shine through. My father's had the Argentinean Beef Stew for his main course. The meat was perfectly prepared and the sauce brought out the freshness of all the ingredients. My dad gobbled it all up and actually enjoyed it. We couldn't get enough of the organic food though so we ordered some coffee (fair trade certified too!) from the gracious server. The coffee was strong yet sweet, just the way it's supposed to be. My father and I felt so great, even after eating that huge meal. It's definitely on my list of restaurants to return to. (Hopefully dragging my willing boyfriend along.)






Note: It might be cheaper to go for brunch or lunch. (And just as delicious.)
Special Thanks to Google Images and www.gustorganics.com for the pictures.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment